Included on this page are an array of resources to help our families find important information and stay engaged in their child's learning.
Families and Students
Below are links to some of the most important information you’ll need as you prepare your child for a rewarding educational experience in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- CPS Student Health Forms
- CPS Parent and Student Forms
- Food Services
- Severe Weather Procedures
Mt. Washington School Community Newsletters
- Community Newsletter Current Edition
- Community Newsletters — Previous Editions: Aug '15
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) at Mt. Washington School
Additional Resources Links
- Contact List for Teachers and all Staff Members at Mt. Washington School
- Mt. Washington School Calendar
- Cincinnati Public Schools District Calendar
- Daily Meal Menus (updated daily after 2:00 p.m.)
- 2015/16 Monthly Menus
- Student Handbooks and Procedures
- CPS District Calendar
Academic: CPS Parent and Student Forms
- Student Fees
- Student Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy
- Student Registration Information Packet
- Transportation — Yellow Bus
Health and Wellness Resources
CPS Student Health Forms
- Health History Form
- Emergency Medical Authorization Form
- Administration of Prescription Medication Form
- Administration of Over-the-Counter Medication Form
- Dietary, Cultural or Religious Food Restrictions
- Special Dietary Needs Medical Form
Healthy Lifestyles and Diet
- CPS Wellness Policy
- Dietary Information
- Carbohydrate Counts and Food Allergens
- Nutrition Standards
- Breakfast Brain Power
- Fun Food Facts
- FitFuture Newsletter: Getting Your Children Involved in Sports and Other Activities
Class Supply Lists
- Complete List
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th and 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- My Tomorrow*ed Initiative
- CPS District Calendar
- Food Services
- Special Education and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Cincinnati Public Schools’ Vision i5 Common Core Academic Standards
- National PTA Parents’ Guide to Student Success
- Understanding the Third Grade Guarantee
- Ohio’s Implementation of the Common Core Standards
- Ohio's State Tests in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies
- Can Latin Help Younger Students Build Vocabulary?
- Rosetta Stone — Cincinnati Public Schools’ students, staff and parents now have Rosetta Stone — an online language-learning program — free at their fingertips. Learn more about Rosetta Stone, including how to enroll, on the CPS website.
For children who are experiencing homelessness, the risk of falling behind academically is significantly greater. Project Connect helps clear barriers to education for families who are homeless. From assisting with enrollment and promoting attendance to providing in-school and summer programs, Project Connect provides guidance and support to give a leg up for children and youth who are experiencing homelessness. Learn more about Project Connect and the services it offers.
Schoology (pronounced "Skoo-luh-jee") Communication Tool Now Available — is an integrated learning-management solution that gives students, parents and teachers a new and easy way to connect and communicate.
Google Apps for Education — CPS has adopted Google Apps for Education as a key tool for student learning. Google Apps for Education is a web-based suite of programs provided by Google for schools to use. All Google Apps services can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Playbook — a software program created by CPS, gives students personalized “plays” to complete so that they stay on track with all of their learning objectives. It’s all online, and students can access it from anywhere.
Naviance — a software tool for career planning that helps students achieve three primary goals: Get to know themselves, explore possibilites and take action.
Rosetta Stone — Learn a New Language Online. Cincinnati Public Schools’ students, staff and parents now have Rosetta Stone, an online language-learning program, free at their fingertips.
Summer learning — Research shows that over the long summer break students can lose about one month of what they learned in classes during the school year. CPS offers programs for summer learning.
Putting our Technology Tools to Work
Our world is driven by technology. Digital devices and software add a dynamic element that keeps students interested and provide access to tools that prepare them for the future.
Yellow School Buses
First Student Call Center — First Student Bus Company now offers a Call Center. For questions regarding route information, stop assignments, deviated stops and customer service concerns, contact the First Student Call Center at (513) 830-7720.
ZPass Student Tracking System — Parents and CPS staff now can track when a student gets on and off a yellow bus with a new free program called ZPass. Each student swipes a bus pass when boarding and exiting the yellow bus, and parents are notified on their phones or via e-mail with the instant information. Parents sign up online at My First Pass for the ZPass service or Click Here to Get More Information About ZPass.